Friday, July 10, 2015

Minions

PG
Starring the voices of: Sandra Bullock, Jon Hamm, Michael Keaton, Allison Janney and Steve Coogan.
Running Time: 1 Hour and 31 Minutes

"Minions" is a spin-off of the "Despicable Me" series.
The three Minions; Stuart, Kevin and Bob set out to work for Scarlet Overkill (Sandra Bullock) who is an evil and villainous female who wants to take over the entire world! She and her nefarious inventor husband Herb (Jon Hamm) plot  together to undermine others for world domination!
I found "Minions" to be a fun little summer movie.
 A portion of the story takes place in London, which I found to be really fun having vacationed in London. I loved how they showcased some of the historical and classic tourist sights. I really enjoyed the way they incorporated all of the different music with the movie, it was very clever. It takes place in 1968 so they used pop music from this era, a total flashback to the infamous "60's"!
This was a fun and happy movie that I think the whole family will enjoy. I found it to be a little edgy at times and some of the story might go right over the children's minds. I thought it played for adults (maybe even more so for adults) as well as the children.
 Be sure and stay until the credits finish rolling for a little more "Minions" humor.
Parents be advised: This movie is rated PG, so it has your typical potty humor that seems to be so popular in the movies these days.
I am giving "Minions" two and a half bags of popcorn




No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews