Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Into The Woods

PG
Starring: Meryl Streep, Emily Blunt, Anna Kendrick, James Corden, Chris Pine, Johnny Depp,
 Lilla Crawford and Daniel Huttlestone
Running Time: 2 Hours and 4 Minutes

Wow! I was so impressed with this movie I really don't know where to start! This story is based on the Broadway musical of the same name.
It is based on several classic tales from the infamous Brothers Grimm fairy tales.
They include: Little Red Riding Hood, Cinderella, Rapunzel and Jack and the Beanstalk.
It is the story of a baker (James Corden) and his wife (Emily Blunt) who are unable to start a family because a very wicked witch (Meryl Streep) has put a evil curse on them!
The story plays out with several beloved fairy tale characters coming to life, Cinderella (Anna Kendrick), Little Red Riding Hood (Lilla Crawford), The Big Bad Wolf (Johnny Depp), Jack and the Beanstalk (Daniel Huttlestone) and Cinderella's Prince (Chris Pine).
The witch has set an ultimatum to the young baker and his bride to acquire several things or objects to break the evil curse. Once they are able to obtain every single one of these things, she will willingly overturn the dreaded curse.
She has her own reasons for wanting the curse to be lifted as well.
This is a story told by singing and a lot of music, which I generally do not enjoy. But, boy oh boy was I surprised! I immediately fell in love with the music and the singing. All of the characters were in stellar form and they all did a spectacular job! Meryl Streep was incredible and I absolutely loved her voice!
I was also very impressed with a young lady, Lilla Crawford who plays Little Red Riding Hood, her voice is magnificent!
I enjoyed the story and the music so much, that I really did not want the movie to end! I will definitely go and see this again. I will also be obtaining the soundtrack.
Parents be advised: This is a magical movie, but it has some dark and scary moments in it as well. Also, there was a really strange encounter between The Prince and the Baker's wife which was completely random and very unexpected! I would recommend this movie for children ten and over.
I am giving "Into The Woods" four bags of popcorn.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews