Friday, November 14, 2014

Dumb and Dumber To



PG-13

Starring: Jim Carrey, Jeff Daniels, Kathleen Turner, Rachel Melvin, Laurie Holden and Rob Riggle
Running Time: 1 Hour and 50 Minutes

This is the sequel to the 1994 movie "Dumb and Dumber". Jim Carrey stars as Lloyd Christmas who has been in an institution for the past twenty years. His old buddy Harry Dunne (Jeff Daniels) shows up to help him, he tries desperately to communicate with Lloyd but he is completely withdrawn. 
Then miraculously he starts talking and confesses that the whole act for the past twenty years was a complete joke!
That pretty much sums up the theme of this movie. Harry takes Lloyd out of the institution and they start their new adventure together. Harry confesses to Lloyd that he needs a kidney transplant and also that he needs to find his daughter Penny (Rachel Melvin) that he had given up for adoption. They decide that if they find her, she being a biological match could donate a kidney to him and save his life. They travel around the country while trying to locate her and have some ridiculous encounters.
For me personally,I thought that it was rude and crude and just plain DUMB!!! So the title fits the movie.
I also thought that it sank to a new low in a couple of instances! I did not enjoy this movie at all! I realize that this is not the kind of movie that I would ever be drawn to and I am definitely not the target audience but it just didn't work for me. A lot of the people in the audience were laughing like crazy and were enjoying the crude humor. 
I realize that the original "Dumb and Dumber" has quite a cult following. They have been anxiously anticipating this one for twenty years, I think they will probably get a kick out of this movie as well.
Parents be advised: this movie is non-stop gross insults and perpetual potty humor.  There is profanity and a lot of suggestive stuff as well. I would not recommend this movie for anyone under fourteen.
I am giving "Dumb and Dumber To" just one bag of popcorn.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews