Friday, October 10, 2014

Meet The Mormons



PG
Documentary
Running time:1 Hour and 18 Minutes

There has been a lot of hype about this documentary style full length movie, the very first of its kind to be released by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was promoted heavily during this past General Conference weekend. Well I'm happy to say that it definitely lived up to all the hype!
The movie starts out with LDS comedian Jenna Kim Jones walking through Times Square in New York City asking people what they think "Mormons" are and what they believe. Trying to help to dispel the myth that "Mormons" are NOT  Christians the movie gives in depth stories of six people and their families. It details their diverse lifestyles in various places around the world. It features Jermaine Sullivan, a Bishop from Atlanta, Georgia, Bishnu Adhikari, a humanitarian from Nepal, Ken Niumatalolo, head football coach for The Naval Academy in Bethesda, Maryland, 94 year old Gail Halvorsen, The Berlin Candy Bomber from Arizona, Carolina Munoz Marin, a kick boxer from Costa Rica and missionary mom, Dawn Armstrong from Utah. All with very unique, rich,  compelling and beautiful stories.
I found this documentary to be very realistic and genuine. I feel like these individuals are very sincere and truly believe in their religion and they base their lives on the principles that it stands for.
I was impressed with their work ethic and devotion to the causes for which they stand! I especially enjoyed the missionary mom Dawn Armstrong having sent off a missionary myself, I could relate to her strong emotion. I also loved the music and especially the awesome song "Glorious" by David Archuleta.
I wholeheartedly support and encourage others to view this movie for themselves. You will be touched and inspired beyond measure!
Parents be advised: 81 minutes of family time well shared!
I am giving "Meet The Mormons" four bags of popcorn.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews