Friday, March 7, 2014

Mr. Peabody & Sherman

PG
Starring: The voices of: Ty Burrell, Max Charles, Stephen Colbert, Ariel Winter and Stanley Tucci
Running Time: 1 Hour and 30 Minutes

I am going to be completely honest, I was not really looking forward to going and screening this movie. As a child I really did not like any of the "Rocky and Bullwinkle" or the "Sherman and Mr. Peabody" cartoons.
Boy was I surprised!  I actually really liked this little animated gem. I found it to be both smart and clever. They incorporated many facets into this movie.
 It was a sweet and tender story about a lonely little dog, Mr. Peabody (voiced by Ty Burrell) who no one ever wanted to adopt. He  is a genius and inventor who had made a life for himself and one day happened upon a newborn baby boy, Sherman (voiced by Max Charles) in a box. He took the baby home and was allowed to "legally" adopt him and raise him as his very own son. They had a very touching and loving relationship. Mr. Peabody had invented a time travelling machine (The Wayback) that the two of them had used to travel back in time to witness several historical events firsthand. When young Sherman began school and became more independent things became a little more difficult and chaos ensues!
I really enjoyed the history that was portrayed and the quick-wit and one-liners that were found throughout this movie. It was a genuine fun movie for audiences of all ages.
Parents be advised: I am recommending this movie for children ages four and up. I didn't find anything objectionable in this movie.
I am giving "Mr. Peabody & Sherman" three and a half bags of popcorn.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews